Emergency Preparedness for HVRP Grantees and Communities
NVTAC has compiled a short list of resources around emergency preparedness. As you look through these resources, here are a couple of questions to keep in mind:
- What protocols and procedures do you have in place to ensure the safety of your participants and staff?
- Is there a plan to prepare for an emergency before it happens, respond to the situation as it unfolds, and recover afterwards?
- Ready is a public service campaign to promote preparedness through public involvement. This year National Preparedness Month focused on planning with the theme: Disasters Happen. Prepare Now. Learn How. Visit www.ready.gov to learn more and access a number of resources including this community preparedness toolkit.
- The International Red Cross Foundation has a number of resources available including a toolkit on contingency planning.
- There are a number of resources specifically focused on disaster planning for people experiencing homeless including the following: